Savor Cinema of Ft. Lauderdale, the location for our community event “A Courageous Conversation About Sex Offenders in Our Communities” has graciously agreed to co-host the event, alongside the Florida Action Committee and the Broward County Criminal Justice Reentry Task Force’s Sex Offender Housing Subcommittee.
The event is scheduled for January 27, 2020 at 6:00PM and will take place at the Savor, 503 SE 6th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301.
Along with a screening of the award-winning documentary, “Untouchable”, there will be a panel discussion from experts on this important topic.
Panelists will be:
- Justine Patterson – Regional Director of the Florida Department of Corrections. Justine is responsible for the supervision of more than 300 probation officers.
- Valerie Jonas – Attorney – Val is a civil rights attorney who is featured in the film and who has been challenging the constitutionality of registration requirements.
- Meredith Powers Lupo – Reentry Specialist for the Veteran’s Administration. Meredith is a clinical social worker who works extensively with the veteran registrant population.
- Kate Winslow – Treatment Provider – Kate is a treatment provider with Anaga Psychotherapy Center, which is a State and Federally contracted treatment provider for Sex Offender Treatment,
- …Plus our own President, Gail Colletta.
The event is open to the public. We respectfully ask that those who would like to attend RSVP at: http://evite.me/sw19CdqcYy